We make learning fun!
We offer private and small group lessons for your kids so we can really focus our attention on their needs and abilities. All kids are different but a child 10 and older is very capable of handling a kayak. It helps if the child is already comfortable around the water.
- We provide properly fitting life vests that are worn at all times.
- We also provide child size paddles that are light weight and fit in small hands.
- Our instructors are ACA certified kayaking instructors
Here is how our children's classes work.
We provide the kayak, properly fitted life vest, and child-size paddle.
You bring one or more children down for their special kayak lesson on the bay. Mom and Dad can watch from shore or join in the fun as well. We charge only for the number of people on the water.
Each session is 2 hours and is reserved just for you and your group.
Here are some of the topics covered:
- Proper fit of a life vest
- Looking out for obstacles and other boaters
- Five different paddling strokes
- Getting in and out of a kayak from shore
- Balance while in the kayak
- Getting in and out of a kayak from a dock
- When the water and air temperatures are warm enough, we also fall off the kayak into the water and then climb back on.
Fee Schedule for Private Lessons
1 participant: $75 per child, 8-14 years of age
2-3 participants: $55 per child, 8-14 years of age
4-6 participants: $45 per child, 8-14 years of age
7 or more: Call for quote
To reserve a date and time for your lesson, call us at 619-282-3520 or email us.
Once your space is reserved, you can download and print the 2-page Trip Sign-up PDF form. Just fill it out and mail or fax it to the address on the form along with your payment. Once your paperwork is received, a confirmation and more detailed information will be sent to you.